Incorporating a juice a day is a great way to keep the doctor away!
Juicing offers many life-enhancing health benefits including a faster, more efficient way to absorb immune-boosting nutrients naturally found in fruits and vegetables.
Juice comes in many forms these days, either through cold pressing, using a centrifugal machine or commercial bottled juices.
Commercial juices and centrifugal juices are processed, pasteurised and lack important enzymes, while cold pressing offers an abundance of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
Our tips on Juicing:
* Stay away from fruit juice. If you like your juices a bit sweeter, incorporate some apple as this is the easiest to digest. Otherwise, drinking fruit juice is equivalent to sending a large number of fructose (sugar) to your blood and cells. It is best to just drink vegetable juice.
* Use a cold press juicer as the enzymes do not get destroyed. We recommend the FROOTHIE range of appliances.
* Green plant-based juices are the best to consume as greens are extremely detoxifying and alkaline.
* Also have a wheatgrass juice shot a day. You can get fresh wheatgrass from local farmers markets or fruit shops. Our preferred wheatgrass supplier is from QLD Wheatgrass.
* Have 500ml of cold press vegetable juice a day for optimal results.
How is juicing different from blending? Juicing removes the insoluble fiber from vegetables and fruits. While fiber is an important part of our overall healthy diet, it slows down the absorption of nutrients.
By removing the fibers and consuming the vegetables in juice form, we are able to provide a rush of nutrients to our cells.
At this year’s The Real Food Revolution, we will be going through juicing, how to do a juice cleanse safely and different juicing recipes.